‘ Vera is a former ratchet. She’s no longer ratchet now… And she increasingly feels like the show is too ratchet,the show depends too much on negativity,on sleaze and on dirt to survive. And it started killing her slowly. She would object,but no one cared. It was all about ratings and drama had to be created. ‘
For a show like that to survive,Trend on Twitter,garner high ratings and stay on air,there’s very little not to do. It’s usually open season for all manner of debauched behavior,extremist partying and shocking moments. And that’s what Nairobi Diaries has dangerously continued to leverage on..
People who watch Reality Shows,following the unfortunate example set by Hollywood,always expect some amount of drama and unexpected fights to break out. Hence the name Trash TV. A Reality Show without a generous does of squabbles and loud,expletive-filled shouting matches has no chances of survival.
‘We operate on a very strict script… A script full of fights and name-calling and set-ups. 20% of the script is about brunches,coffee dates and shopping sprees, the rest 80% of the script is geared towards a fight,towards a physical confrontation,towards revisiting old altercations with the intention of starting a new one based on the old one. It’s a really really depressing and wicked script… ‘
Also,there are issues about the salaries that the girls take home… Issues about the standardization of the pay and also the revision of the pay given the show’s steady rise in ratings.
‘ The drama you see on screen is nothing compared to the production drama you don’t see off screen… This is a show about a bunch of devious women out to be seen,be popular,be famous and be stars…
Our fights never end,the source adds.
GO TO PAGE 4 TO CONTINUE READING>>>